King E II and you may Queen Victoria certainly are the a couple longest-serving monarchs during the Uk background. Victoria, which reigned off 1837 in order to 1901, built many of the precedents you to E have recognized since she is actually crowned for the 1952. Exactly how would be the a couple strong queens relevant? Preciselywhat are their loved ones links?
When she was given birth to on may twenty four, 1819, few people consider Alexandrina Victoria manage 1 day getting queen. The girl dad, Prince Edward, are brand new fourth in line to progress their dad, new reigning King George III. Within the 1818, he wed Princess Victoria from Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld, an excellent widowed Italian language princess which have two children. Their merely son, Victoria, came into this world the following year.
Towards Jan. 23, 1820, Edward passed away, and come up with Victoria fourth in line. Just days later on, to the The month of january. 31, Queen George III passed away, as been successful by the his boy George IV. When he passed away into the 1830, the second in line, Frederick, had already died, so the top went William, Victoria’s youngest sibling. King William IV governed up to the guy died with no direct heirs for the 1837, just days shortly after Victoria, Popular datings dating apps the brand new heir-visible, turned into 18. She is actually crowned into Summer twenty eight, 1838.
Victoria’s Family relations
Exhibitions of the time was that king must have good queen and you will consort, along with her maternal uncle was looking to suits the woman having Prince Albert regarding Saxe-Coburg and Gotha (Aug. twenty-six, 1819 so you can Dec. 14, 1861), a good German prince who was in addition to connected with the woman. Once an initial courtship, the two was basically get married to the Feb. 10, 1840. Just before Albert’s demise inside the 1861, both got nine pupils. Among them, Edward VII, turned this new queen of good The uk. This lady almost every other students create ilies regarding Germany, Sweden, Romania, Russia, and you can Denmark.
King Age II
E Alexandra Mary of the home from Windsor was born to your April 21, 1926 on the Duke and you can Duchess from York. E, known as “Lilibet” while the a child, had you to more youthful cousin, ). When she was born, Age are 3rd lined up so you can this lady grandfather’s throne, at the rear of her father along with his older brother, Edward, new Prince of Wales.
When Queen George V, boy off Edward VII, died during the 1936, the fresh top visited Elizabeth’s bro Edward, however, he abdicated so you can erican. Elizabeth’s father turned King George VI. Their demise for the Feb. six, 1952 removed the way in which to own Age to succeed your, and stay Britain’s first queen because the Queen Victoria.
Elizabeth along with her husband to be, Prince Philip from Greece and Denmark (June 10, 1921) found from time to time as the college students. They were married toward Nov. 20, 1947. Philip, who’d renounced their foreign headings, got this new surname Mountbatten and you can became Philip, Duke out-of Edinburgh. Along with her, he and you may Elizabeth keeps five pupils. Their eldest, Prince Charles, are first-in line to succeed Queen Age II, and his awesome sons, Prince William, was second in-line. Charles’s younger child, Prince Harry, is actually third in line getting the majority of their life until Prince William and you will girlfriend Catherine, the fresh Duchess off Cambridge, had their around three children, who bumped Prince Harry down seriously to sixth lined up.
The new Lineages from Elizabeth and Philip
The newest regal groups of Europe frequently intermarried, both to keep their royal bloodlines in order to manage certain equilibrium of strength between the certain empires. Queen E II and you may Prince Philip was one another pertaining to King Victoria. Elizabeth is a primary descendant out-of Queen Victoria, her great-great-granny. Working in reverse in the long run, this new wrap will be tracked:
- Elizabeth’s dad are George VI (1895 to help you 1952). He ) into the 1925, and they had several daughters, Elizabeth II, and Princess Margaret.
- George VI’s dad was George V (1865 in order to 1936), Elizabeth’s daddy. He hitched Mary out of Teck (1867 so you’re able to 1953) inside the 1893, a good German little princess elevated in the England.
- George V’s dad try Edward VII (1841 so you can 1910). Elizabeth’s great-father. The guy partnered Alexandra out of Denmark (1844 so you’re able to 1925), an excellent Danish princess.
- Edward VII’s mommy are Queen Victoria (1819 to 1901), Elizabeth’s higher-great-grandmother. She hitched Prince Albert out-of Saxe-Coburg and you may Gotha in the 1840.
- Philip’s mother, Little princess Alice out-of Battenberg (1885 to 1969), partnered his dad, Prince Andrew out of Greece and Denmark (1882 to help you 1944), into the 1903.
- Little princess Alice’s mom is actually Little princess Victoria out of Hesse by Rhine (1863 so you’re able to 1950), Philip’s maternal grandmother. Princess Victoria was partnered so you can Prince Louis regarding Battenberg (1854 to help you 1921) inside 1884.
- Little princess Victoria out of Hesse by the newest Rhine are the fresh girl out of Little princess Alice of your own Uk (1843 in order to 1878), Philip’s high-grandmother. So it Little princess Alice was partnered in order to Louis IV (1837 to 1892), Huge Duke out-of Hesse and also by the fresh new Rhine.
- Princess Alice’s mother is actually Queen Victoria, Philip’s high-great-grandmother.
Until 2015, Queen Victoria got the newest longest-governing monarch on reputation of England, the fresh U.K., otherwise Great britain. King Age exceeded you to definitely checklist out-of 63 years and you will 216 weeks, for the . Both queens partnered princes of their own choices, a little seem to love suits, who had been happy to support its reigning monarch spouses.
Both had been committed to its obligations given that monarch. Although Victoria withdrew getting a period when mourning her partner’s alternatively early and you can unexpected demise, she is actually a dynamic monarch, even in ill health, up to this lady demise. During that composing, Elizabeth, as well, could have been similarly active.
Both inherited brand new top somewhat all of a sudden. Victoria’s dad, which predeceased the lady, got around three old brothers prior to your in series, none out of who had people just who endured so you’re able to inherit the newest award. Elizabeth’s dad turned king as long as their older sibling, Queen Edward, abdicated when he won’t have been in a position to get married this lady he chosen and remain queen.
Victoria and you will Elizabeth one another prominent Diamond Jubilees, however, shortly after 50 years into throne, Victoria was in ill health together with never assume all age kept to call home. Elizabeth, in contrast, will continue to manage a public plan once a 1 / 2-millennium of rule. In the Victoria’s jubilee event into the 1897, The uk you will rightfully boast of being one particular prominent empire on the planet, with colonies from around the world. Twenty-first-century Great britain, in contrast, is actually a significantly-diminished energy, with relinquished nearly all of the kingdom.